Live Presenters Portraying John Muir
The following links includes descriptions, photos, audio and/or video clips,
and contact information, when available.
- Don Baldwin (CA) - Retired Resident Minister in Yosemite National Park,
gives presentations in character and with a multimedia slide show in the northern
California area. (off-site link)
Frank Helling (CA)
- Doug Hulmes (AZ)
- Gerald Pelrine (WI
- Mark Raddatz (WA)
Lee Stetson (CA)
Richard Shore (KY)
- Formerly listed with Illinois
Humanities Council, Roads Scholars Speakers Bureau. Mr. Wallace is no longer listed; whereabouts unknown.
- Newspaper article - no longer available online - Belleville
News Democrat (April 15, 2006)
Live Presenters About John Muir
- See Presenters at recent John Muir Conferences.
- See Living People Influenced by John Muir
- Donnell Rubay - Author of "Stickeen: John Muir
and the Brave Little Dog"
- Peter and Donna Thomas, a Santa Cruz couple with a
long interest in California's mountains and wildflowers,
recently set out trying to reconstruct John Muir's
first cross-state trek from Oakand to Yosemite in
The couple will be paralleling Muir's 300-mile
route, altered as necessary to get past the
freeways, housing developments, irrigation canals,
factories and industrial-scale farms that have since
- Ginger Wadsworth - Author of "John Muir, Wilderness Protector"
Webmaster of the John Muir Exhibit & Chair of the Sierra Club John Muir
Education Committee. His illustrated presentations include: "John
Muir's Continuing Inspiration," "John Muir Around the World," "John
Muir and the Animal Kingdom," and "John
Muir in India." He is also available for workshops to discuss the John
Muir in education (including the John
Muir Study Guide and History
John Muir in general, or other Muir-related topics such as the California
For a comprehensive listing of presenters, see the John Muir Bibliography's Live Presentations Section.