Organizations and Newsletters
Related to John Muir
The John Muir Global Network,
which lists many Muir websites and updates.
Muir Association - Non-profit organization helping the NPS at John Muir
National Historic Site
- John Muir National Historic Site (National Park Service)
- John Muir Programs at University of the Pacific
- John Muir Center for Environmental Studies, University of the Pacific
The John Muir Collections at University of the Pacific Library
- John Muir Geotourism Center - Based in Coulterville, California, exploring, learning, sharing, and preserving the natural environment for mental, spiritual and physical development, as exemplified in John Muir's life.
- John Muir Highway -
The John Muir Highway was established to honor the legendary naturalist John Muir by developing visitor sites along the County Road J132 route of Muirâ€™s 1868 walk to Yosemite from San Francisco. See also the John Muir Highway Fan Club on Facebook.
- Sierra Club John
Muir Education Team
- LeConte Memorial Lodge, Yosemite Valley - A National Historic Landmark museum with displays and a library featuring John Muir, Joseph LeConte, and other early Sierra Club leaders like Marion Randall Parsons, Ansel Adams, and David Brower.
- Keith Gallery - St. Mary's
College, Moraga, California, frequently hosts Muir-related exhibits, and hosts
the largest collection of Mur's good friend, artist
of John Muir's Birthplace (formerly Dunbar's John Muir Association)
This is the new name (effective April 21, 2007) for Dunbar's John Muir Association
(DJMA). The organization was formed in 1994 with the aim of promoting the life
and work of John Muir in Dunbar and beyond. The Association successfully campaigned
for the development of a centre celebrating Muir's vision and influence on world
conservation and is a member of the John
Muir Birthplace Trust. John Muir's Birthplace opened
in 2003 at 126 High Street Dunbar and since then has welcomed more than 40,000
visitors from all over the world.
Friends of John Muir's Birthplace now plan to move on to the next stage by supporting
the work of the Birthplace through events, activities and fundraising. Friends
also aim to highlight and debate some of the environmental challenges facing
us today, particularly, climate change, pollution, deforestation and resource
- East Lothian Council (Scotland) - John Muir House
- John Muir Birthplace Trust
Environmental Organizations Inspired by John Muir
- Restore Hetch Hetchy - An organization devoted to reclaiming the beautiful valley in Yosemite National Park that was John Muir's one great loss.
- John Muir Academy - A
Wisconsin teacher-inservicing and training program that promotes
problem solving, development of higher lever and creative thinking skills
and experiential learning in math, science, technology, and other areas.
the Academy was named for Muir not only because of the Wisconsin connection
but also because of the similarities between Muir's experiential education
and the mission of the John Muir Academy.
- John Muir Institute for the Environment (University of California, Davis research center)
- John Muir Memorial Chair in Geography at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles)
- John Muir Trust (Conservation organization in Scotland)
- Sierra Club (Conservation organization serving U.S. and Canada with an
International dimension; John Muir was its first President)
- John Muir Project (An organization whose mission is to eliminate logging on the
- Muir Heritage Land Trust - Preserving Open Space in the Martinez, California area
| Alphabetical Index
| What's New
Contact the Webmaster of of the John Muir Exhibit: email@example.com.